INDIGESTION RELIEF & REMEDIES
We can often prevent indigestion if we pay close attention to the foods we are consuming and all of our lifestyle relationships, whether they are family-related or job-related. This includes choosing the company of friends that have a major impact on our decision processes. We may have to employ effective stress management techniques to help us cope with the multiple causes of stress that we are experiencing. Emotional distress for any reason such as anxiety, family crisis related-issues, and performance crisis issues, whether job, sports, or academically-related, can cause indigestion.
Here are some specific preventative measures and indigestion remedies that will help provide indigestion relief and remedies.
- Stop smoking.
- Keep one's weight within normal limits.
- Eat slowly and keep meal times relaxed.
- Cut down on or eliminate alcohol, tea, or coffee.
- Eat more alkaline forming foods properly food combined.
- Do not take aspirin or other medications on an empty stomach.
- Avoid acid forming foods that are highly spiced or loaded with fat.
- Avoid eating an acid forming diet due to improper food combinations.
- Change acid forming attitudes and beliefs that contribute to indigestion.
- Avoid eating a high-protein diet that requires an overproduction of digestive acids.
- Try alternative natural health treatments such as a variety of exercises, hobbies that are of genuine interest, meditation techniques and therapeutic fasting. They are all aimed at lowering stress levels and changing attitudes and beliefs that contribute to indigestion.
- Keep a record of food intake, daily schedule, and symptoms, if any. Food diaries may at times reveal psychological or dietary factors that influence indigestion.