Indigestion & Acidosis
WHAT IS INDIGESTION?
Indigestion and/or Acid Indigestion, also medically termed "Dyspepsia," refers to a condition of impaired digestion within the digestive tract. So what is acid indigestion and is there a difference? No there is no difference. Clearly "Acidosis" is the leading cause of Indigestion Symptoms and/or Acid Indigestion Symptoms that result from eating acid-forming indigestible diets due to bad food combining practices. Indigestion and Acidosis can have a wide range of sources and multiple causes such as they can be physical or psychological and emotional causes. The physical symptoms of indigestion and/or acid indigestion symptoms can range from chronic pain in the upper abdomen to bloating, belching, and a burning sensation (hearth burn) that is usually associated with gastritis, peptic ulcer disease or cancer.
Dyspepsia has been estimated to affect approximately 25% of the general population in the United States. Other symptoms resulting from acidosis are the formation of uric crystals which lodge in the joints and produce very painful irritations such as in various forms of Arthritis. These uric crystals are the result of bad food combining practices that violate the acid alkaline diet balance of the body from the over consumption of Uric Acid Foods.
There are a few specific preventive measures and Indigestion Remedies that will help give us Indigestion Relief such as the importance of maintaining a proper "acid alkaline balance" in relation to the acid alkaline theory of eating acid alkaline foods according to proper food combining principles. Acid Foods, which differ from acid-forming indigestible diets, are required to help the body maintain a good level of health providing they are properly food combined for optimum digestion.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUSES OF INDIGESTION SYMPTOMS AND/OR ACID INDIGESTION SYMPTOMS?
Their causes can have a wide range of sources and multiple causes, which are listed below:
- Diet. Milk, milk products, alcoholic beverages, tea, and coffee cause indigestion in some people because they over stimulate the stomach's production of acid.
- Bad food combining principles lead to indigestion and then to acidosis, which acidify body tissue making them fertile ground for many forms of diseases such as cancer.
- Medications. Whether prescription drugs or over-the-counter can irritate the stomach lining. These medications would include aspirin, antibiotics, digoxin, theophylline used for chronic lung disease, corticosteroids, iron (ferrous sulfate), oral contraceptives, and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications can cause indigestion.
- Disorders of the pancreas and gallbladder. These include inflammation of the gallbladder or pancreas, cancer of the pancreas, and gallstones.
- Intestinal parasites. Parasitic infections that cause indigestion include amebiasis, fluke and tapeworm infections, giardiasis and strongyloidiasis.
- Systemic disorders, including diabetes, thyroid disease, collagen vascular disease.
- Cancers of the digestive tract can impair digestion, therefore leading to indigestion.
- Conditions associated with women's reproductive organs. These conditions include menstrual cramps, pregnancy and pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Calcium antagonists and nitrate medications that are used for angina and high-blood pressure drugs.
- Esophagitis is an inflammation of the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach (the esophagus). The tissues of the esophagus can become irritated by the flow (reflux) of stomach acid backward into the lower part of the esophagus. This condition can be referred to as acid reflux.
Psychological & Emotional Causes
- Emotional distress for any reason such as anxiety, family crises related issues, performance crisis issues whether job, sports, or academically related can cause indigestion. Any defensive survival mode can cause the nervous system to go into what is called the "fight-or-flight" response which would suspend all activities related to the digestive tract and its ability to properly digest food stuffs, and therefore leading indigestion. Any major crisis in one's life will impact the digestive tract and its ability to properly digest any foods that are attempted to be consumed. So when in a crisis mode, don't eat unless you wish to suffer from indigestion.
WHAT ARE THE WARNING SIGNS OF INDIGESTION & ACIDOSIS?
The warning signs of indigestion can be unintentional weight loss, persistent vomiting, difficulty or pain when swallowing food. Vomiting blood or passing blood in the stools and anemia can also be dyspeptic symptoms.
Indigestion Treatment & Acid Indigestion Remedies
The key to indigestion relief is to incorporate proper food-combining principles.